SARINA SONDER seeks to use only the best quality fabrics
that have minimal impact on the environment. We also aim to source all our
materials from Australian suppliers to help support our local industry.
Please read on to find out why we’re using the following fabrics in our current collection.
Lyocell (also commonly known as Tencel) is a material extracted from raw wood in a closed-loop process. Its principal ingredient, cellulose, is easily obtained from sustainable tree farms. The amine oxide solvent used in the manufacturing process is non-toxic, and because it is almost completely recycled, it is not released into the environment. The manufacture of lyocell produces no harmful byproducts and is significantly less toxic and wasteful than the manufacture of other cellulosic fibres. Lyocell fabrics are also naturally biodegradable. Manufacturing lyocell is also environmentally friendly because less water and energy is used than in the manufacture of other manmade fibres.
It’s also a very soft, absorbent, durable, and comfortable fabric to wear.
Merino wool is one of the finest and softest wools available. The Merinos used in SARINA SONDER collections are sourced from Australia and New Zealand whom are known to produce some of the best quality Merino wool in the world. Not only is Merino luxurious but it is also environmentally friendly as it is natural, biodegradable, and a completely renewable fibre source.
All our Merino wool used in SARINA SONDER collections are sourced from either certified non-mulesed or ceased-mulesed farms in Australia and New Zealand.
- Merino wool is highly absorbent which makes it easy to dye and comfortable to wear as it draws moisture from the skin
- It has excellent thermoregulation properties. Which means is helps keep your body at a comfortable temperature despite the weather conditions keeping you warm and also preventing overheating
- Wool doesn’t retain odours or dirt easily and is wrinkle resistant
- It is considered to be hypoallergenic
- Wool is one of the most fire retardant fabrics available